HOW TO QUALIFY FOR MEDICAL MARIJUANA IN FLORIDA
Medical marijuana patients in Florida are required to obtain a physician certification from a recommending doctor. A physician certification is a written document from a state certified physician that states the patient suffers from a debilitating medical condition that the medical use of marijuana would likely outweigh the potential health risks for the patient. A physician can prescribe medical cannabis in smokable, edible, oral, vaping, or tincture form. Patients can access three, 70-day supplies of the medication with a single prescription and office visit.
Patients in Florida diagnosed with one of the following debilitating medical conditions, are afforded legal protection under the Florida Medical Marijuana Legalization Initiative, Amendment 2.
- IRRITABLE BOWEL SYNDROME
- MIGRAINE HEADACHES*
- MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS
- PARKINSONS DISEASE
- POST TRAUMATIC STRESS DISORDER (PTSD)
- RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS*
- SICKLE CELL ANEMIA*
- TERMINAL ILLNESS
- ULCERATIVE COLITIS*
- Or any other ailment/condition of the same severity/symptoms, when determined by a physician’s opinion that the medical use of marijuana would surpass any potential health risks
* Denotes ‘Medical Conditions of same kind or class as or comparable to the above qualifying medical conditions.
Other Qualifying Conditions For Medical Marijuana
There are many additional medical conditions that can qualify for medical marijuana in the state of Florida. Amendment 2 allows certified physicians to approve a Florida Medical Marijuana Card for those patients who may not have a condition listed but who may still benefit from the use of medical marijuana. If you have been diagnosed with a medical condition that is of a similar nature to the above qualifying conditions then please contact our office and speak to one of our highly trained medical marijuana specialists to see if you qualify.
Risk Free Consultations! If you DON’T qualify, you DON’T pay!
Schedule an Appointment
Schedule an Appointment completely online or call one of our medical marijuana specialists at 407-751-5005.
Marijuana Care Clinic is committed to providing the highest quality care to all patients interested in pursuing the medical benefits of marijuana.
Patients who are unhappy with their current care are eligible to transfer their care to Marijuana Care Clinic at a discounted rate and enjoy all of the great benefits of being a Marijuana Care Clinic patient.
Documents to Bring to First Appointment
- Valid Florida State Issued Drivers License or Identification Card with CURRENT address
- Medical Records regarding your qualifying condition. Records MUST be within 2 years of age from each encounter date with Marijuana Care Clinic. The adequacy of records is determined per discretion of clinician. We DO NOT accept medications, medication lists, imaging (MRI's, CT scans, X-Ray's, etc), imaging reports, nor lab results.
- For Snowbird or Temporary Florida Residents: 2 separate proof's of Florida Residency. Please, check our FAQ page for temporary Florida residents requirements.